Below are all Snellville Church Of Christ Career Opportunities.
The Snellville church of Christ is looking for a Children’s Ministry Director, effective immediately. This position will begin as a part-time position, with the hope and expectation that it will evolve into a full-time position, in the near future.
The targeted age group the position will work with is Kindergarten thru 5 th grade, with some
involvement with pre-K / nursery ages as well.
We believe a good candidate would fit the following description.
- The candidate would need to have a strong background in, or currently involved in Children’s education and / or ministry. A degree is preferred but not necessary.
- He, or she, needs to possess the ability to effectively interact with all different types of personalities.
- They should be able to effectively communicate, utilizing social media and other more current methods for getting announcements, updates, and other vital information out.
- They need to be a self-starter, not waiting on anyone for day to day tasks / activities, while still contributing to a productive team mentality.
- He or she will work with elders, staff, and ministry leader volunteers to direct and support:
- Vacation Bible School.
- Leadership training programs (Lads to Leaders / Leaderettes, others)
- Education ministry (Sunday / Wednesday evening Bible classes).
- Staffing classes.
- Training teachers when needed.
- Planning & coordinating group activities, that encourage positive relationships between parents, children, teachers, and volunteers, including opportunities for local service and outreach.
- Create a safe and secure environment for children and help establish proactive measures to check for areas of concern for adult volunteers.
- Create and manage budget for Children’s Ministry.
- Develop methods to determine effectiveness of the ministry.
- Work with Youth ministry to help guide smooth transition from Children’s to Youth ministry.
Along with the above, we expect the position to be filled with someone who has a mature and grounded
Christian faith. In addition, they should hold similar positions in matters of Scriptural understanding as
those shared by the Snellville church, and its leadership team.